Code of Conduct for Players
As a Player I will:
- Always play fairly – I won’t cheat, complain or waste time.
- Always do my best, even if we’re losing or the other team is stronger.
- Never be rude to my team-mates, the other team, the referee, spectators or my coach/team manager.
- Always try and encourage team mates.
- Do what the referee tells me, without answering back
- Shake hands with the other team and referee at the end of the game.
- Listen to my coach/team manager and respect what they say.
Code of Conduct for Spectators, Parents/Carers
As a spectator, parent/carer I will:
- Have a responsibility to promote high standards of behaviour in the game. This club is supporting The FA’s Respect programme to ensure football can be enjoyed by everyone in a safe and positive environment.
- Play our part and observe The FA’s Respect Code of Conduct for spectators and parents/carers at all times.
- Remain outside the field of play and behind the Designated Spectator Area (where provided).
- Never engage in, or tolerate, offensive, insulting or abusive language or behaviour
- Always respect the match officials’ decisions
- Applaud effort and good play as well as success. In addition, when attending youth games I will:
- Remember that children play for FUN
- Let the coaches do their job and not confuse the players by telling them what to do
- Encourage the players to respect the opposition and match officials
- Never criticise a player for making a mistake – mistakes are part of learning.
- Understand that breaches of the code may result in action being taken by Surrey County FA and /or The FA.
Parents/carers and spectators play a valuable role in the amount of enjoyment players get from football.
Code of Conduct for Coaches, Managers & Club Officials
Basingstoke Colts YFC observes The Football Association’s Respect Code of Conduct in everything we do.
On and off the field, I will:
- Show respect to others involved in the game including match officials, opposition players, coaches, managers, officials and spectators
- Adhere to the laws and spirit of the game
- Promote Fair Play and high standards of behaviour
- Always respect the match official’s decision
- Never enter the field of play without the referee’s permission
- Never engage in public criticism of the match officials
- Never engage in, or tolerate, offensive, insulting or abusive language or behaviour.
When working with players, I will:
- Place the well-being, safety and enjoyment of each player above everything, including winning
- Explain exactly what I expect of players and what they can expect from me
- Ensure all parents/carers of all players under the age of 18 understand these expectations
- Never engage in or tolerate any form of bullying
- Develop mutual trust and respect with every player to build their self-esteem
- Encourage each player to accept responsibility for their own behaviour and
- Ensure all activities I organise are appropriate for the players’ ability level, age and maturity
- Co-operate fully with others in football (e.g. officials, doctors, physiotherapists, welfare officers) for each player’s best interests.
I understand that if I do not follow the Code, any/all of the following actions may be taken by my club, County FA, league or The FA:
- Required to meet with the club, league or County Welfare Officer
- Required to meet with the club committee
- Monitored by another club coach
- Required to attend an FA education course
- Suspended by the club from attending matches
- Suspended or fined by the County FA
- Required to leave or be sacked by the club.
In addition my FACA (FA Coaches Association) membership may be withdrawn.